Do YOU want to quit smoking? Try using the hypnotherapist who helped Adele and Ewan McGregor kick the habit
- London-based Max Kirsten has helped a range of A-listers give up smoking
- Adele gave up her 20-a-day habit in August 2015 after a visit to his clinic
- His app – Quit Smoking Now – uses a range of techniques to help people quit
- And Max claims it will prevent users from having any withdrawal symptoms
You may have tried using e-cigarettes or even nicotine gum.
But a hypnotherapist who has helped a range of A-list celebrities quit smoking believes he can help others kick the habit too.
Max Kirsten, based in Chelsea, was behind Adele and Ewan McGregor’s successful attempts at giving up.
But through an app using a range of different techniques, he encourages smokers to stop by changing the way they think.
And he claims Quit Smoking Now will prevent those trying to quit from having any unwanted withdrawal symptoms.
Max Kirsten, based in Chelsea, was behind Adele (left) and Ewan McGregor’s (right) successful attempts at giving up up smoking
Containing four sessions of hypnotherapy, it has since been voted the number one stop smoking New Year’s resolution app.
It also comes with a Stop Smoking Calculator – designed to help you keep track of your progress.
And Max’s 60-Second Cravings Buster technique, which prevents you from succumbing to those nicotine cravings.
ADELE’S VISIT TO MAX
Adele kicked her 20-a day cigarette habit with a secret visit to Max Kirsten in August 2015.
The British singer spent 3 hours with renowned addiction specialist after five-years of failed attempts to stop.
After losing her voice completely in 2011, canceling shows and undergoing surgery, she was told by doctors to quit her habit or face the end of her career.
Adele’s treatment, as with all Max’s patients, was tailor-made and involved a pre-hypnotherapy discussion to better understand the nature of her habit.
EWAN’S VISIT TO MAX
Hollywood actor Ewan McGregor – a heavy smoker for years – said Max made stopping seem ‘effortless’. He hasn’t touched a cigarette since 2009.
While British singer Adele gave up her 20-a-day habit in 2015 following a visit to his clinic.
STEP 1: PREPARE TO QUIT
Using a range of different hypnotherapy techniques, the app encourages smokers to give up their bad habit by changing the way they think
1. Make smoking less enjoyable by switching brands for a week before your designated stop date.
2. To improve your overall health and get a better night’s sleep, keep focused on the benefits of not smoking.
3. Write down all of your reasons for wanting to kick your bad habit and have it easily accessible to keep you motivated.
4. Sip water before each of your puffs on the day before you quit smoking for good.
5. Spend time Googling the dangers of smoking, teaching yourself exactly how cigarettes could be damaging your body.
6. Collect all of your smoked cigarettes into a water-filled bottle and notice how horrible they begin to look after just a few days.
7. Figure out exactly how much money you could save over the course of a year if you stop buying packets of cigarettes.
8. Choose the date you are going to save your health – and stick to it.
9. Throw away any e-cigarettes and nicotine gums, this will help you commit to the quitting cause.
10. Get your family and friends to support you, let them know exactly what date you plan to stop smoking on.